Discarded cigarette cause of fire at Club Green Meadows

first_imgThe Vancouver Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that a discarded cigarette caused the Tuesday afternoon fire at Club Green Meadows.The fire was reported about 4:40 p.m. at 7703 N.E. 72nd Drive in an outbuilding.Fire Marshal Heidi Scarpelli said the property damaged by the fire includes about 75 feet of arborvitae, a company pickup and a corner of the outbuilding.The fire originated on a pathway between a club house and work area, Scarpelli said. The path also leads to a smoking area, she said.“There is still a burn ban,” Scarpelli said. “The weather is shifting, but fire fuels are around and extremely dry and volatile.”Recycling truck catches fire in Orchards areaCollected recycling materials ignited and burned a Waste Connections truck Wednesday afternoon in the Orchards area.Emergency dispatch logs show responders with the Vancouver Fire Department were called about 1:15 p.m. to 10101 N.E. 108th Ave., for a report of a commercial vehicle fire.Fire crews arrived in the area and found a Waste Connections recycling truck with smoke coming from its rear, where some collected items caught fire, according to a fire department news release.last_img

Related Post

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*